Custom Search
TTC vs. Asherman's

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I didn't get the job! I'm heartbroken. It was the ideal opportunity for me. Great salary, half day. Bliss. I would've been able to spend more time with my boy and do more things that I've always wanted to. Now I have to look further and hope I stay sane enough to go for interviews. I hate not being a 'people's person'. unfortunately I am not one of those people who can lie and say that they can do things that they can't. But fortunately for me I'm an incredible fast learner. I still remember the first day I walked into my first job. This is actually a very funny story....

The first company I worked for (a pharmacy) had three directors. Two 'older' gentlemen, best friends and a younger guy (he was more the manager, the other two didn't like dealing with 'issues'). The one older guy looked exactly like a teacher in my High school - he was kicked out because he was running a brothel on the side (the teacher, that is)!! I got such a fright walking in there for the first time, thinking what the hell was he doing here!?!?! But in the end I got to love him like I did my Granddad. He was such a loving, caring gentleman and passed away when I was pregnant with my eldest (colon cancer). It broke my heart.

Anyways, I got side tracked - the first day I walked in there and thought he was an ex brothel owner, I asked him where I should switch on the computer and he told be he'll be f*#$&d if he knows, he'll get someone. Oh man, I laughed. If I think what I've learned in the last twelve years.... It's just a pity people don't want to give you a chance if you haven't got the papers. Unfortunately not all of us are in positions to study further.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you didn't get the job :-(

    Perhaps there is something 'better' out there for you. Good luck!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search