Custom Search
TTC vs. Asherman's: Done and dusted!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Done and dusted!

Well, we went for the tests on Friday and got the results yesterday. We are both a match. DH needs to lose a couple of kilo's and is the best choice as they don't have to go through the Dept of Health and all of that shlep, which we'll have to if I donate, but I'll still prefer to do it. We'll just have to wait and see what the other tests show - if either or both of us is healthy enough.

Speaking of which - I feel terrible. When we came home on Friday I had a massive hayfever attach and have been coldish/fluish since then. I stayed at home on Monday and Tuesday as my little boy is also sick. He was a bit of a prem and is prone to get a bad chest when a cold hits. I just hope he behaves today and doesn't run around as he is still not 100%.

To come back to the kidney thing - if DH donates they said we're talking about six weeks to two months. If I donate we're talking about eight to ten months. I can't understand how the Dept of Health can take so long with something so important! I really don't know if I can be the strong one to carry my hubby through this. We'll have to go to Jhb for the op and stay a couple of days and I don't do well in big strange places - I'd much rather be the one in the hospital bed! Call me crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Well that's just another example of the ineffeciency of governmental departments.. say no more.

    I must just tell you that I have been thinking of your situation (kidney donor) ever since your initial post. I was quick to think "I'd never be able to do that", but I probably would. And I think that it, too, would scare the living sh1ts out of me. Gawd - I'd be positively petrified.. I take my hat of to you for the 'sacrifice' that you are potentially going to make. It's huge.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search