Custom Search
TTC vs. Asherman's: Turning point?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Turning point?

Well, I expected this to happen, I just didn't know when. My brother-in-law only has one kidney which isn't working at the moment. He's on permanent dialisis, twice weekly. His doctor, a nephrologist, said that he must get a transplant ASAP. We have to go for tests. Or not HAVE to, I volunteered. How can you not when he's got a little boy of just six? I know that some people can survive for years on dialisis alone, but if his doctor said he needs a transplant, he probably needs it right? Well, my hubby and me will be going for the tests in a day or two and I'm actually scred stiff. I sent an email to my FS to just make sure all is ok as I thought my urether and fallopian tube was connected at some point, but he explaned what's going on (something about the fact that I don't have an endometrium the dye went straight through my bood vessels into my kidney. Weird.) and said that I can go by all means. I was actually disappointed. In some part of me I hoped he would say that I can't. Selfish? I know. But I'll do it - not because I have to, but because I want to. I'm just scared. And it's not even established yet that I'll be a match, it's just tests that scare me. Stupid. Well that will put a hold on any and all ttc plans we have for at least a couple of months if I'm a match. Wouldn't it be ironic if I'm actually pregnant now and don't know it?  It's too soon to do any testing for that yet.

I just hope and pray that SOMEONE is a match for him and if both me and my hubby is, I would rather do it than have him do it. I think he needs his kidneys more than I need mine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a tremendously brave decision you have made! Shooo.. Good luck, V. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search