Custom Search
TTC vs. Asherman's: Relief

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Relief

Phew!! I phoned this morning to find out exactly what they do when performing the cross-match test and it's blood tests. I was so relieved!! A weight off my shoulders. There will be more bloodtests and urine tests and a renal angoigram, but that's only when a match has been established. Hopefully I'm a match, but hell, that renal angiogram sounds hell of a scary!! But in the end it's worth it. I'm not (yet) scared of the op - I've had two c-sections, my appendix removed, a laparoscopy and three hysteroscopies. I don't think it can be worse than a c-section. The biggest problem will be that it's very cold in Jo'burg in June/July!

I'm not superstitious. At all. But it really seems like we're having seven years of bad luck. Starting September 2002. But wait, then it must be over by now. How long will this unlucky streak last? What will still have to happen before it ends? I mean, six people died since then, one has life-threatening medical problems, finances have been very rocky. And oh yes - my roof leaks. That's probably very low on a serious priority list, but we can't seem to save enough to fix it. Just when I think we can do it something comes up. A visit to my gynea, which usually includes a 300+km drive there (and back) and then a sleep-over in a guest house - depending on what has to be done. And now these tests. Well, hopefully one of us can donate and then we don't have to search any further. Hold thumbs. Hopefully this will be the end of our lack of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search